My Scripted Dream

This is the first of several assignments for a creative writing course for nonfiction writing.  

The assignment is to script my own dream for tonight.

So here we go with a ten-minute free-write.  I close my eyes as if asleep and just begin typing.

Do you feel the wind on my face?  We are in a convertible riding down a beautiful, shady lane in the countryside. Sam, our dog, is laying her nose on my shoulder.  She is in the back seat.  Gene is driving.  I look to see Gene's handsome profile.  Now we are in the Jeep riding on the sandy beach.  The breeze is washing across our faces.  My hair is twisting in circles.  DJ the Granddog is enjoying the breeze.  She has a giant smile on her face.  Out of the Jeep, we are running at the edge of the surf.  Laughter is spilling from my heart.  My sweet Gene holds me tightly as we kiss.  

Sitting on the bow of a longboat we follow the small stream into the English countryside.  I realize I just want to stay in the countryside.  No cities, no honking horns, no impatient people.  Just Gene and I in nature.  In love and forever together.  We are young, in love, and have a future of being together.  Building a life that draws us closer.

I promise I timed myself.  That is not much to write in ten minutes.  It does not matter as it has me writing.  The instructor states that a writer must write every day.  Guess that needs to be my new goal, writing every day. 

Popular posts from this blog

Little Surprises

Sadness

Feb 28, 2022